Interested in a fun way to learn about dysphagia? Looking for new recipes? Or maybe a dysphagia support group?…Look no further! We have put together a list of online resources and tools to help you navigate your way living with dysphagia.
Getting to Know Dysphagia
- The Dysphagia Game, Online board game version– An exciting, unusual and effective way to learn about the impact and management of Dysphagia.
- Mayo Clinic– A great introduction to Dysphagia.
- The American Speech Language Hearing Association – The nationally recognized association of Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) offers expertise and information in the field of Dysphagia:
- Dysphagia Diet – Find delicious recipes to meet a specific diet level or to coordinate with your favorite product.
- Kitchen Q – Great Recipes for the Dysphagia Diet
- DysDine– A website dedicated to helping people with dysphagia eat in a way that is safe, healthy, and delicious. DysDine is a blog maintained by graduate students in Speech-Language Pathology at the MGH Institute of Health Professions.
- Simply Thick Recipes
- Thick It Recipes
- Thicken Up Clear Recipes
Blogs for Patients, Caregivers and SLPs
Blogs for SLPs
- The National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders– If you have dysphagia or are close to someone with a swallowing disorder, you don’t have to go through it alone. A support group can help.
- Dysphagia Divas– They are committed to helping and educating people about dysphagia products and how to properly use them.
- Dysphagia Diet Educational Videos (available in English and Spanish)- great for staff training.
- The National Foundation of Swallowing Disorders Video Gallery– A wide variety of videos from documentaries to educational.